We need to think about the environment- Float Fishing

 I hate foam in the ocean and the mess it leaves. I also think balloons are no good either for the fish.

I was googling float fishing and came across a video that had these ingenious float fishing setup using a coke bottle and a quick release catch and here is the result. I have used it many times and it works well.

Here is the final result. It hooks onto your line and your line goes through the quick release snap on top of the bottle and when the fish strike it ,your line is released from the snap and your bottle freely moves along your line as with your fish. It works and its environmentally safe. With a little amount of time and tools you can do your bit for the environment and keep our waterways clean and plentiful for our budding fishermen. The quick release thing is something they use on down riggers. There is a flat black one that was hard for me to buy at the time and it might be more suitable so I will order a couple of eBay and make a new one up. I have used steel trace attached with crimps and a snatch latch but they had a flexible tubing on this outfit. I might go back to the drawing board and make another one and trial it, if we ever go fishing again.

You will never lose this bottle in the ocean because its attached to your line at all times. It is so lightweight and spray paint inside makes it highly visible for meters.

Video of how it works. Its pretty bad but you get the gist.


The ultimate fishing float

https://youtu.be/Zfs-vwr6thM

Comments

Popular posts from this blog